LS course to start on 22 February 2016
English Language Requirements
Excellent written and verbal English language skills are required. Applicants whose first language is not English and whose bachelor’s degree is not from an institution at which English is the language of instruction must submit proof of English language proficiency within the past 2 years. The minimum score requirements for TOEFL or IELTS are listed below:
- 600 TOEFL paper-based
- 100 TOEFL internet-based
- 7.0 IELTS academic version
The following applicants are exempt from submitting a score sheet.
- Applicants whose first language is English.
- Those who graduated from a university or a graduate school located in a country where English is the first language.
- Those who completed an undergraduate or graduate degree programme taught in English. In this case, please submit a certificate showing that the programme you attended was taught in English.
- Applicants who submit proof by any other means that have proficiency in English equivalent to that described in item 2) or 3).
Applicants must provide:
- A completed online Application with photo and signature at cecar.unu.edu/apply
- Proof of enrolment in a postgraduate degree programme if you are a student
- Original transcript of academic record
- TOEFL scores or equivalent proof of English- language proficiency for non-native speakers or those who do not have an academic degree in an English-speaking country and
- Minimum of two references; one from the supervisor and one from another faculty member.
The application process is rolling and we will accept applicants on a first come, first serve basis at http://cecar.unu.edu/apply
Please address specific queries to:
- Application procedure, acceptance policies, and student logistics (Ms. Johanna Diwa, UNU-IAS, diwa <at> unu.edu)
- Program content, resource persons and collaboration (Mr. Hide Mohri, UNU-IAS, mohri <at> unu.edu)
Student Support and Accommodation
UNU-IAS assists students throughout the courses, acknowledging that students may experience difficulties in adjusting to a new country and culture. Students can stay in low-cost accommodation arranged by UNU-IAS at a nearby hotel. Further information on payment and hotel reservations will be provided to successful applicants.